Saturday, June 25, 2011

Scooter: no, really.

What was the last I shared about good ol' Scooter? When he wanted a second chance?

I don't recall if I've mentioned that I've seen him a couple of times. I'm pretty sure I mentioned he's been staying with a friend who lives around the corner from me. Both times I've seen him, he's been riding his bicycle out of the alley that leads to that house.

The first time, I was just coming out of my apartment on the top floor, so I put on my sunglasses and pretended I didn't see him at all, even though he'd slowed his bike down and was staring up at me. The second, I was crossing the alley about 2 feet in front of him (and his friend), so I couldn't pretend. He said "hey, how are you?" and I said "good" as curtly as possible without looking at him and speed-walked to my car.

Last week I got a text from him saying, "Hey, how are you doing?" to which I didn't respond.

Today I was helping some friends move. As one friend and I leaned against the back of my car, chatting, waiting for things to get going, she asked, "Who's [Scooter]?"

"What?"
"[Scooter]." *points at my trunk* "[Peanut] heart [Scooter]..."
"WHAT THE FUCK THAT'S SCOOTER"

Written in the thin layer of dirt on my trunk was "HI [PEANUT] (heart) [SCOOTER]"

I have no idea if that's been there for a while, or if it was new. It didn't look like there was dirt over it, so probably not old enough to be from when I was actually speaking to the dude. And while we all know I'm not the most observant person in the world, I'm pretty sure I have accessed my trunk at least once in the last week or so, and did not see any writing on it.

Ew.

Time to wash my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment