Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Otter Talk: Real Talk

When work gets too stressful, you gotta have an inane convo with a co-worker, amirite?

RC: this on the other hand
RC: is for you
RC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H8S4KMHSW6s

Peanut: OTTER!

RC: a helpful otter even

Peanut: seriously wtf I need an otter

RC: yeah, it could probably be trained to grab you baking ingredients while you cook
RC: how awesome would that be
RC: you'd have your own show and you could leave us forever
RC: wait
RC: no otter for you

Peanut: BRILLIANT
Peanut: at least you're not having to deal with all these damn XMLs

Peanut: so! I am going to watch that otter 5 more times

RC: well...
RC: at least you have a Otter

Peanut: who squeaks

RC: you need an Otter that writes XML
RC: XMLOtter!

Peanut: holy shit yes
Peanut: I need a slew of otters
Peanut: a peck?
Peanut: a herd?
Peanut: an XML Otter, a Baking Assistant Otter, a Litter Box Cleaning Otter, a Laundry Otter...

RC: Answer: A group of otters is called a family, romp or raft.
RC: I like a Romp of Otters

Peanut: totally
Peanut: I'm going to have both a romp and a raft
Peanut: the raft will be my work otters
Peanut: the romp will be my home otters

RC: The collective nouns for otters are bevy, family, lodge, or romp, (being descriptive of their often playful nature) or, when in water, raft
RC: oo, there are more
RC: apparently they are only rafts in the water
RC: An otter's den is called a holt or couch. A male otter is a meowter, a female is a queen, and a baby is a pup

Peanut: a meowter.

RC: lol
RC: yeah

Peanut: okay, so my couch actually has storage thingies underneath the cushions; thus, the otter couch can be IN MY COUCH

RC: A baby otter asking permission from its dad:
RC: "Meowter may i?"

Peanut: I can't even
Peanut: I will name the alpha otter Steve
Peanut: so when otters refer to his den, they can say "STEVE'S HOLT"
Peanut: with their little otter fists in the air

RC: lol
RC: love it

Peanut: so my home otters will be a romp, with a subsection of baking assistant otters, who will be a bevy. a baking bevy.
Peanut: the work otters will be a lodge and will wear fezzes.

No comments:

Post a Comment