Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Would you change history?

I genuinely, 100%, with no reservations wish that I had never met Cowboy. There is not one single thing I can think of that I took from that relationship that was worth what it felt like having it end. Usually if I think in anger, "I wish I'd never [something]," I then think, oh but then I might not have [something rad] - met someone, moved somewhere, done something awesome, etc. With Cowboy, I have no such "oh but" thoughts. We clearly are not going to be friends, we didn't do anything that I hadn't already done, and I didn't meet anyone worth knowing through him. DELETE. ...if only.

Is there anything in your life that you would erase if you could? Obviously there are ripple effects to consider... would you be the same person? would you be where you are now? would you just make the same mistake again?

2 comments:

  1. That's a really hard question. There are a lot of things I would change, but they have to many ripple affects.
    - Girls I dated
    - Buying the house
    - Buying the subaru

    Of the three probably buying the car. I know it's not a serious as not dating/meeting person X or making decision Y, but it's the only thing I could change without any major hurt feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's really hard. I've played this game before and most things, if undone, would lead to lots of other, unwanted changes - like The Butterfly Effect. Even changing small things can make an unintentional difference. I'm with you on the car, as well. I'd go back and do that differently (more test-driving of other cars, more negotiations), if I could, and I don't see any possible bad outcome from that decision.

      Delete